THE LAZY MANS LOAD

I smashed my iphone on the kitchen floor last week šŸ˜ž



I’m sure lots of you have done this before and know exactly how it feels.  That moment when your phone slips from your hand onto a hard floor or down the toilet is just awful. It’s like a scene from The Matrix.  Time slows down.  


You reach for your phone.  Your reflexes are quick but not quick enough and the echo from the impact, that horrible crack or splash, vibrates in your ears šŸ™‰



I’m going to confess that every time I've smashed my phone on the floor it was totally down to my own stupidity and this time was no different. 

This particular drop happened last week when myself and Liam were rushing out the door to go to the gym and we were heading straight on to a training course from there.  We were both well organised the night before and had our bags packed and ready to go.  I had our breakfast and lunch prepared too and everything was on the table waiting to be loaded into the car. 

QUEUE THE LAZY MANS LOAD…


I picked up everything I could carry in my arms.  I had my gear bag over my shoulder, my lunch bag in one hand, a folder in the other and two drinks bottles under my arm.  That’s when I spotted my phone still charging on the worktop…  You can probably see where this is going.  The folder went under my arm to free up my hand to pick up the phone.  My gear bag, heavy on my shoulder shifted, one of the water bottles, full to the brim, slipped.  I jolted to catch it and crash!!!  Something had to give and it was my phone šŸ˜µ

MAKING TWO TRIPS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT AN OPTION. THAT WOULD ONLY GIVE YOU MORE WORK



What is it with us that makes us feel like we can only make one journey to the car or up the stairs?  You’ve probably done the same thing a million and one times before.  When you're cleaning the house your hands are full, you have something under your arm, you're holding a stack of things with your chin and trying to walk up and down the stairs at the same time.  You bring all the shopping bags in from the car in one go because you're in too much of a rush to make two trips.  Does this sound familiar?

My Mam used to call this a lazy mans load.  You may get away with it 9 out of 10 times but it's that one time when you drop a shopping bag and smash the eggs or when you trip on the stairs that makes it not worthwhile.

It's definitely a lesson learned for me anyway!!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human Connections

PROTEIN BARS

S C O N E M A D