S C O N E M A D

Going out for a cuppa and a scone used to be one of my greatest pleasures.

I was on a mission at one point to find the best scone in Ireland and I reckon I may have found it 😊



A lovely big scone topped with butter and jam and copious amounts of jam was pure heaven for me.

I'm not going to lie I still have a major hankering for it but it's kind of out the window for me now that I'm mostly dairy free 😕

BUT FEAR NOT!

Alternatives are always possible...

I've been making these scones that have no eggs, milk, refined sugar or fat.

I know what you're thinking...

They must taste awful.

NOOOOOO!!!!!

They are unreal.

I've road tested them with Ethan - seal of approval✔

I've road tested them with Liam - seal of approval (Not a biggie because he'd eat anything 😆)✔

I've road tested them with Mam - seal of approval✔

I've road tested them with Christy - seal of approval✔

I've road tested them with my nieces - seal of approval✔

The BIG test came yesterday.

I was meeting my sisters, Maria and Mags and my Mam for breakfast so I made a batch of my "free from" scones to bring with me.

Now anyone who knows my sisters will know they are into their healthy eating just as much as I am.

We were meeting in my Mams house and the smell of the scones on the way in the road had my stomach grumbling.

We made a pot of coffee that you could literally stand on and we tucked in...

They loved them 👍

Sisters seal of approval ✔

So my mam was running late and two scones out of the 5 I made were still sitting on the table.  We were chatting away not realising that each of us was dividing the spare scone between us in our heads.

I had divided in 4

Mags had divided it in 3

...BUT MARIA

well she was the first to make a move 😆

She dived straight in saying I'm having another half 😂

So funny 💓

anyway...

back to the recipe

3 ingredients
1 minute to mix
25 minutes to bake
and that's it!!!!

Simple

INGREDIENTS


300g Oats
500g soy yogurt
2 scoops vanilla protein

Shape into 5 scones and put them on a sheet of greased baking paper

Bake at 200 for 25 minutes

If you're afraid you'll make a batch and eat them all (which is not beyond the realm of possibility) make one scone at a time.

Mix it up a little by adding frozen fruit, nuts, seeds, dark chocolate, dried fruit, cinnamon....

Or you could just change the flavor yogurt or protein you use.

The possibilities are endless

I have them warm out of the oven with butter and jam and maybe a little yogurt on top.

This is the protein I use


It's a soy based protein and it bakes really well.

Give them a try over the weekend and let me know what you think.



Enjoy the sunshine 😎




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human Connections

PROTEIN BARS