PROTEIN BARS


Hellooooo šŸ˜Š

As you may know, I’m recovering from an operation at the moment so I'm housebound unless some kind people call to take me out šŸ˜‚ 

My head has been spinning (which could be the medication too šŸ˜Æ) with lots of different recipe idea and I’ve been looking at different ways of getting more beans, pulses and green veg into my diet.

The most exciting thing to come out of this so far has to be these amazing protein bars šŸ™†

I remember making a tofu pudding years ago and I thought I could easily make that pudding into a bar, and this my friends is the result šŸ‘Œ


A rich, creamy, chocolatey centre with a crisp chocolate coat.

Dairy free, refined sugar free, gluten free šŸ‘

Yum šŸ¤¤

INGREDIENTS

1 pack silken tofu (I used Mori-Nu)
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
50g dates
60g blanched almonds
30g cacao
120g gluten free oats
20g coconut oil (split)
65g dark chocolate (split)

WHAT TO DO

Put everything except the oil and the chocolate in the food processor and blitz
Line a baking dish with cling film and pour the mixture in
Flatten down with the back of a spoon
Put in the freezer for minutes
Melt half the chocolate together with 10g of coconut oil
Pour on top of the base and smooth down
Place in the freezer for 20 minutes
Melt the other half of the chocolate and coconut oil
Remove the base and turn over
Pour the melted chocolate on top of the uncovered side and smooth down
Return to the freezer for 30 minutes
Remove from the freezer and cut into 8 big bars
Wrap them individually
I think it's best to store these in the freezer and take them out an hour before you want to eat them.  That way the centre is nice and firm  Store in the fridge for a gooier middle.

292 cals
17.8g Fat
23g Carbs
11.6g Protein

Very satisfying and far healthier than store bought bars!!

Let me know if you give them a try šŸ˜€



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human Connections

S C O N E M A D